Real estate services for buyers
There are many advantages for a buyer to work with an Island Park real estate agent. Sellers have agents working for them, and buyers should have someone looking out for their interests.
As a buyer's agent I provide services to help in the search for your ideal Island Park vacation home.
- The first step is to identify what type of property you are looking for. This is especially important in a resort area like Island Park. Are you interested in communities that will allow short term rentals? Do you want an area that allows horses? Is winter access important, are you interested in fishing access? How much fix up are you willing to do? All of these are important questions to ask in determining your needs. As a knowledgeable Island Park real estate agent I am aware of the available properties, and will not waste your time on cabins that won't meet your needs, or fit in your price range.
- An Island Park real estate agent is unbiased, and is looking for the best property for you.
- I am a resource for year-round information about Island Park. Island Park in summer is a very different situation than Island Park in winter. As your agent I can help create a clear picture of what the property would be like at various times of year, not just the time period during which you are looking.
- Vacation properties may have additional costs that you haven't thought of. Maintenance costs tend to be higher because of winter conditions. Most communities in Island Park are responsible for maintaining their own roads, and they pay for winter plowing. What will be the cost for insurance? I can help you assess these additional costs so you can select a property that will fit into your budget.
- When a cabin is found that meets your criteria, I will assist in writing an offer and act as a link between you, the seller and the seller's agent. As your Island Park real estate agent I will assist in the bargaining process, offering advice and counsel as counter offers are received . I have a CNE (Certified Negotiation Expert) certificate and will help to negotiate the best price and terms for you.
- If you are interested in bare ground with plans on building; I can provide information on local builders, and resources needed for drilling a well, or putting in a septic system.
- If you are planning on renting your vacation home part time, I can provide information on going rates, or companies that provide rental or maintenance services in the area.