Real estate services for sellers
Some people are able to sell their cabins without using an agent, but there are special problems involved in a recreational community like Island Park. These are advantages to using a local Island Park real estate agent:
- An Island Park real estate agent can list your home in the MLS. The MLS listing will advertise your property through out the country. This is especially important in this area, where the majority of buyers are not local residents. Through search engines and web sites, your MLS listing will have unlimited exposure. Your agent will also use other advertising methods such as mailers, newspapers, or open houses. A number of sales also occur through agent contacts, such as previous buyers, or referrals.
- An Island Park real estate agent will provide suggestions for getting your cabin ready for sale. Your agent can explain what repairs and upgrades are worthwhile to help you get the price you want in the shortest possible time.
- For sale by owner's usually over price their home. An Island Park real estate agent will have the experience to help come up with an accurate selling price. Over pricing is the largest detriments to potential buyers, while a fair price will result in a faster sale.
- Agents are available to show your cabin at any time, not just on weekends, or vacation time when the home owner is around. Most buyers are more comfortable looking at a property without the seller being present; they are more likely to voice their concerns to a real estate agent than they are to a home owner. Going through an agent also provides more security since they will accompany prospects when looking at your cabin.
- Buyers are more inclined to make an offer if they know they will be negotiating through another party rather than the property owner.
- An Island Park real estate agent will help with the negotiation process.
- Real estate sales involve a number of legal issues. The required paper work can be overwhelming. An agent will have the experience to walk you through the transactions, and get the property to closing with the least amount of delay.